Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 1401 to 1410 of 5424

  • Memo on Referral Procedures for Resettlement

    Office Memorandum from Bertha S. Underhill to Elizabeth B. MacLatchie regarding

    Date: July 27, 1945

  • Correspondence on Medical Care

    Correspondence from Azile H. Aaron to Charles M. Wollenberg regarding medical aid

    Date: November 23, 1944

  • Correspondence on Residency and Aid

    Correspondence from Charles M. Wollenberg to Charles F. Miller regarding residency of Frances Okamoto

    Date: August 10, 1945

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0803

    Creole

    Date: 1882

  • Memo on New Referral Procedures

    Office Memorandum from Bertha S. Underhill to Mary LeHane regarding new referral procedures

    Date: August 17, 1945

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2370

    Hot Boston Oyster Cocktail, Medium Boston Oyster Cocktail

    Date: 1893

  • Correspondence on Medical and Hospital Care

    Correspondence from Phoebe H. Bannister to Members of Public Assistance Staff Assigned to WCCA Local Office regarding statement by U.S. Public Health Service regarding medical care; see F3729_89_001b-F3729_89_001f for statement

    Date: April 25, 1942

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0151

    Hostetter's Celebrated Stomach Bitters

    Date: 1869

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 146

    Caption: "Old Landmark, Seaside, Or.," c. 1910. Shows a picket fence erected around what a sign calls "Remains of Cairn where Lewis & Clark made salt from the ocean water Jan. & Feb. 1806." When the famous expedition led by Merriweather Lewis and William Clark reached the Pacific Ocean in late 1805, their supplies had run dangerously low, including their salt supply. Salt, used not only to flavor meat but also to preserve it, was extremely important to the health of the expedition. Three of Lewis and Clark's men traveled to a site on the coast near present-day Seaside, Oregon to set up a small salt-works, boiling ocean water in a series of large kettles and then scraping the resulting salt crust off of the sides. In this manner, the men eventually collected about twenty gallons of salt before Lewis and Clark decided the supply was sufficient for the return journey. In 1910, the property containing the remains of the cairns was deeded to the Oregon Historical Society. In 1955, replica salt cairns were built at the site by the Lions Club to commemorate the expedition's activities.

    Date: 1910

  • Memo on Housing and Meal Costs

    Office Memorandum from Ruth E. Rogers to Elizabeth B. MacLatchie regarding housing cost estimates

    Date: March 21, 1946