Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 1521 to 1530 of 6946

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 047

    Caption: "Fort Flagler before Barracks were Built.," c. 1899-1906. The coastal artillery fortification Fort Flagler was established in 1897 and activated in 1899. Most of the fort's buildings and batteries had been completed by 1907. Fort Flagler was part of the "triangle of fire," three coastal defense fortifications (Fort Casey, Fort Worden, and Fort Flagler) guarding the entrance to Puget Sound. Fort Flagler was decommissioned in 1953, and purchased by the State of Washington in 1955 for use as a state park.

    Date: 1899

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 145

    Caption: "Fort Marion, St. Augustine, Florida. July 10, 1934." Walkway atop what appears to be the ramparts of the Castillo de San Marcos (Castle of Saint Mark). The core structures of this coastal defense fort were completed by Spanish forces in 1695. Numerous additions, renovations, and repairs have occurred since that time. When Spain ceded Florida to the U.S. in 1821, the Castillo was designated a U.S. Army base and renamed Fort Marion, in honor of Frances Marion (also known as the Swamp Fox, Marion was an American Revolutionary War hero known for his guerilla war tactics). The fort was deactivated in 1933, and turned over to the National Park Service.

    Date: 7/10/1934

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3348

    Homo-Alo

    Date: 1899

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3859

    Boron-Phthicide

    Date: 1901

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1433a

    New Blend

    Date: 1886

  • Correspondence on Los Angeles County Resettlement Program

    Correspondence from Beulah L. Lewis to Charles M. Wollenberg regarding resettlement program

    Date: March 26, 1946

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0830

    Premium

    Date: 1882

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1537

    Pear

    Date: 1887

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2097

    Simala Bitters

    Date: 1892

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2606

    Bay City Transfer

    Date: 1895