Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 1631 to 1640 of 5424

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3400

    Seal of California

    Date: 1899

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1204

    Dr. Mosher's Black Liniment

    Date: 1884

  • Memo on State Personnel Board Action

    Correspondence from Earl Warren to Thomas A. Maloney regarding action of the State Personnel Board against employees of Japanese descent

    Date: February 7, 1942

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3169

    Olive Oil and Lemon Soap

    Date: 1898

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 106

    Caption: "Bird's Eye View. Camp Lewis, Wash.," c. 1918. This postcard shows a bird's eye view of buildings at Camp Lewis. The Camp was established by the U.S. Army in 1917, as part of the U.S.'s preparations for eventual entry into World War I. Rapid construction had the camp ready to house 60,000 men within a few months. The site is still in use as a military facility, under the name Fort Lewis.

    Date: 1918

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0249

    C. A. Reiners and Co.

    Date: 1873

  • Memo on Licenses

    Memorandum from A. A. Whitaker for E. J. Clark to All District Liquor Control Administrators regarding provisions of Section 7.1 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act

    Date: August 27, 1951

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 128

    Caption: "Weinstock Lubin Store. K. Street Sacramento.," c. 1906. Street scene along Sacramento's K Street, with the Weinstock Lubin flagship store prominently featured at the right side of the photograph. Weinstock's opened as Lubin's at 4th and K Street in 1874, growing over the years into a downtown landmark. The company opened stores throughout California, as well as Nevada and Utah. The building pictured here replaced the original store, which burned to the ground in 1903. The site is now occupied by Macy's.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 074

    Caption: "Williams Canion [sic] - Cave of the Winds," c. 1923. View of a rugged canyon with a small building perched on one wall featuring a sign reading "CAVE." In 1880, two brothers, George and John Pickett, discovered the entrance to a large cave system in Williams Canyon. Further exploration resulted in opening more caverns within the system. The site became a tourist attraction called "Cave of the Winds," with guided tours having been on offer since 1881.

    Date: 1923

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1607

    The Major Bourbon Lawrenceburg Kentucky

    Date: 1888