Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 5312
- Spanish 43
- ENGLISH 2
- English 1
- census_013 1
- Type
- Image 3851
- Still Image 1035
- Text 445
- Text 22
- Textual 2
Search Results 1701 to 1710 of 5424
-
Correspondence from Charles M. Wollenberg (by Bertha S. Underhill) to David A. Sweeny regarding the case of resettlement assistance used for ranching equipment
Date: November 11, 1945
-
Correspondence from Earl Warren (by Sherrill Halbert) to A. H. Brazil regarding use of Alien Land Law maps for general defense work
Date: March 20, 1942
-
Informational memo from W. K. Shaughnessy to All Control Station Managers regarding arrangements for banking and shipment of household goods for relocated Japanese
Date: April 22, 1942
-
Caption: "Council Crest -- Portland," c. 1909. Buildings and benches in a park setting, with a tall observation tower, labeled the "Observatory," at the right side of the photograph. Council Crest Park in Portland, Oregon was the site of an amusement park between 1907 and 1929. The buildings in this photograph were part of that park. The Observatory, built in 1907, was demolished in 1941 to make room for a water tower. The area is still in use as a municipal park.
Date: 1909
-
Office Memorandum from Gladys C. Johns (by Kathryn M. Larmore) to Margaret S. Watkins regarding resentment from Inyo County about the placement of Manzanar there
Date: March 23, 1942
-
Correspondence from S. H. Dado to California State Fisheries Laboratory requesting list of Japanese holders of commercial fishing licenses
Date: February 24, 1942
-
Caption: "Bok Singing Tower, Lake Wales -- Florida, June 26, 34." William McCarthy stands in Bok Tower Gardens, a 250-acre contemplative garden and bird sanctuary dedicated in 1929. The centerpiece of the gardens appears behind William: the Bok Singing Tower. The 205-foot-tall tower, designed by architect Milton B. Medary, was completed by February 1929. It features Gothic revival and Art Deco detailing. A 60-bell carillon can be played by a clavier (keyboard) in the bell chamber.
Date: 6/24/1934