Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 1881 to 1890 of 6946

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3626

    Canary Brand

    Date: 1900

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1248

    J.I.C.

    Date: 1885

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 156

    Caption: "Frances [sic] Tavern N.Y. Where Washington Took Leave Of Offices And Disbanded The Troops At Conclusion Of Revolutionery [sic] War." Built as a family home for Etienne "Stephen" DeLancey in 1719, this building was converted to use as a tavern in 1762. It served many important functions before, during, and after the Revolutionary War, but several fires in the nineteenth century erased the building's original appearance. The Sons of the Revolution purchased the property in 1904 and embarked upon extensive restoration plans in 1907, supervised by William Mersereau. The building is now used as a museum and art gallery. See also 96-07-08-alb11-203.

    Date: 8/5/1934

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2918

    Farina Dorata di Hrano Turco Expressamente

    Date: 1897

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 103

    No caption: Four unidentified men pose next to machinery at the Crockett Sugar Mill, c. 1906.

    Date: 1906

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1489b

    Golden

    Date: 1886

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3607

    Mirando

    Date: 1900

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 029

    Caption: "Target Practice," c. 1908. This postcard shows a plume of seawater thrown up by a mortar shell during target practice at Fort Point. The facilities at Fort Point were part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott, but in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott. See also 96-07-08-alb05-322.

    Date: 1908

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 164

    Caption: "Forrestry [sic] Building, Portland Exposition." View of the Forestry Building of the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition. Constructed of approximately one million board feet of lumber, including dozens of unpeeled, old-growth tree trunks, the building was purchased by the City of Portland after the Exposition. The building was later destroyed by fire, in 1964. The Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition was held in Portland, Oregon from June 1st to October 15th, 1905. It celebrated the one-hundred year anniversary of the exploratory expedition of the Louisiana Purchase and what became the northwestern part of the United States, led by Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. Some 1.6 million people visited the fair, viewing exhibits from twenty-one countries.

    Date: 1905

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 239

    Caption: "Fort Point," c. 1910. This postcard shows a view of Fort Point, at the entrance to San Francisco Bay. The facilities at Fort Point were part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott, but in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott.

    Date: 1910