Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 1991 to 2000 of 4834

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3837

    Royal House Hotel or Lodging House

    Date: 1901

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3120

    Tally-ho

    Date: 1897

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1861a

    Electrozone

    Date: 1890

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3273

    Royal Stag O. K.

    Date: 1898

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1922

    Moore's Prepared Squirrel Poison

    Date: 1891

  • Memo on Conditions in Tulare County

    Office Memorandum from Lois Craig to Margaret S. Watkins regarding incarceration

    Date: April 3, 1942

  • Correspondence on Residency and Aid

    Correspondence from Charles M. Wollenberg to Charles F. Miller regarding residency of Frances Okamoto

    Date: August 10, 1945

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 077

    Caption: "Ruins of Call Building." Completed in 1898 and designed by civic leader Claus Spreckels, the Call building on the corner of 3rd and Market streets was one of the first skyscrapers in San Francisco, built to house the San Francisco Call newspaper offices. While the structure withstood the 1906 earthquake, the interior caught fire and sustained considerable damage. After major renovations, the building is today known as The Central Tower.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 101

    Caption: "Firing 14 Inch Disappearing Gun." This is a copy of a photograph taken by C.D. Heath at the Sandy Hook Proving Ground. It shows a heavy artillery gun firing from an embankment upon which several people stand. Located at Sandy Hook, New Jersey, the Sandy Hook Proving Ground was used by the U.S. Army to test ordinance and materiel from 1874-1919. See also 96-07-08-alb05-102.

    Date: 1910

  • McCarthy Album 07, Photograph 194

    Caption: "Alum Rock", c. 1910. Grace McCarthy standing in front of the gazebo of Alum Rock Park. The park, founded in 1872, is one of California's oldest municipal parks. The gazebo, the park's oldest standing structure (built in about 1890), features a fountain that used to supply water from the mineral springs in the area. Today, the fountain's water comes from the City of San Jose's municipal supply. See also 96-07-08-alb05-116.

    Date: 1910