Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 2011 to 2020 of 6946

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1480b

    [Hand with dagger stabbing dragon]

    Date: 1887

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0801

    The Boss

    Date: 1882

  • McCarthy Album 07, Photograph 277

    Caption: "Russian River," c. 1915, shows William and Grace McCarthy in a row boat on the Russian River near Healdsburg.

    Date: 1915

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0474

    The Grape

    Date: 1879

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 321

    Caption: "#2 -- Record Oct 25, 09." This postcard shows plume of seawater thrown up by a mortar shell during target practice at Fort Point. The facilities at Fort Point were part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott. This only lasted four years, however, for in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, however, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott.

    Date: 1909-10-25

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2637

    Aux Villes de France et d'Amerique

    Date: 1895

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1233

    The Squire

    Date: 1885

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0250

    United Workingmen's Co-Operative

    Date: 1873

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 082

    Caption: "Beacon Tavern - Barstow, Calif.," c. 1935, shows the Beacon Tavern and Hotel at Barstow, designed in the Spanish-Colonial Revival architectural style. It opened in 1930 and was torn down in 1970, after several years of decline.

    Date: 1935

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 253

    No caption c. 1917. Grace McCarthy and two unidentified people pose under a log sign reading "Camp Curry." Yosemite's Half Dome Village, established by David and Jennie Curry in 1899, was originally called Camp Curry, and later Curry Village. It was designed to provide cheaper accommodations for Yosemite tourists than the resort hotels. The couple set up furnished tents and provided amenities such as a dining tent. The entrance sign seen in this photograph was erected in 1914. As a result of a legal dispute over trademarked names in the park, Curry Village changed its name to Half Dome Village in 2016.

    Date: 1917