Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 5310
- Spanish 43
- ENGLISH 2
- English 1
- census_013 1
- Type
- Image 3851
- Still Image 1032
- Text 431
- Text 22
- Textual 13
- Artifact/Ephemera 1
- Photographic--Print 1
Search Results 2561 to 2570 of 5420
-
Caption: "Hollywood.," c. 1915. Street scene in Hollywood, California. The Hotel Hollywood is visible at the left side of the photograph. The hotel, originally built in 1902 and expanded in 1905, served as a social venue for many of Hollywood's early film stars. It was torn down in 1956 to make way for an office building.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Dwellings on Malecon Boulevard -- Havana. July 4, 1934." The Malecón is a broad esplanade and seawall that extends approximately five miles from Old Havana to the mouth of Havana's harbor. Construction began on the Malecón in 1901, and continued until the early 1950s. This photograph shows several buildings along the Malecón.
Date: 7/4/1934
-
Caption: "St. James Cathedral - Montreal," c. 1925. The St. James Cathedral in Montreal was consecrated in 1894. At that time, it was the largest church in Quebec. Pope Pious XII rededicated the church in 1955 to Mary, Queen of the World. See also 96-07-08-alb04-092.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Old Mission, San Diego." William McCarthy standing next to the dilapidated church building of Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá (Mission San Diego). The first mission established in the U.S., Mission San Diego was founded by Father Junipero Serra in 1769.
Date: 1905
-
Caption: "Niagara Falls," c. 1925. View of the three waterfalls that make up the iconic Niagara Falls straddling the border between Ontario, Canada, and the State of New York. From left to right, the falls are called American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls (the smallest of the three), and Horseshoe Falls.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Pleasant Beach, Wash.," c. 1908-1912. View from across a bay in Puget Sound, looking toward the Pleasant Beach Hotel. Built before the turn of the twentieth century, this resort hotel featured forty rooms, a bowling alley, billiards room, swimming pool, and a pavilion. The resort came to be known as the "Coney Island" of Puget Sound.
Date: 1908
-
Summary of meeting which discussed the housing shortage and lack of employment opportunities as well as the possibility of extending time resettlers may receive aid
Date: 23-Jan-46
-
Policy surrounding relocation of children and other family members of detainees from Tule Lake
Date: November 1, 1945
-
Statement written by Mike Masaoka and read before United States Senate; attachment included in Correspondence from JACL (F3729_56_005a-F3729_56_005c)
Date: May 9, 1941