Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 3321 to 3330 of 5054

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 026

    Caption: "Machine Shop -- Fort Winfield Scott," c. 1913. Low brick building with tile roof, with William McCarthy (far left) and two unidentified men standing in front. Fort Winfield Scott, formerly Fort Point, was part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott. This only lasted four years, however, for in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott.

    Date: 1913

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1792

    C and S, Peerless

    Date: 1889

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2495

    Flavoring Extract

    Date: 1894

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0702

    Semper Idem

    Date: 1881

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0773

    Honey Dew

    Date: 1881

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0036

    General Grant

    Date: 1865

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2033

    Sunset Brand

    Date: 1891

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0080

    Horseman's Hope

    Date: 1867

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3508

    Quiros

    Date: 1899

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3306

    Crown

    Date: 1898