Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 3781 to 3790 of 5051

  • Old Series Trademark No. 3597

    New York Dental Parlors

    Date: 1900

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0138

    ["H" in triangle with arrow thru it]

    Date: 1869

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1188

    Liebig's Celery Beef and Iron

    Date: 1884

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1563

    Two Brothers

    Date: 1888

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0338

    Comstock

    Date: 1876

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1172

    Golden Cupid

    Date: 1884

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2430

    Bear Brand, San Lorenzo Brand, etc.

    Date: 1894

  • Letter from Dayle Betterton to California Governor Goodwin Knight about school integration

    This item has no description.

    Date: 1957

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 301

    Caption: "Brigham Youngs [sic] Bee Hive House. Brigham Young had 19 Wives and 52 Children. Oct. 3, 1934." Street scene in Salt Lake City, Utah. Brigham Young, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints built the so-called "Beehive House" in 1854 to house himself and several of his wives (Young practiced polygamy). The Beehive House is visible in the photograph at the far right, with a widow's walk featured on its roofline. Designed by Salt Lake Temple architect Truman O. Angell, the Beehive House has since been used as a residence for several dignitaries of the Mormon Church, as well as a boarding home for young Mormon women. The house was restored in the late 1950s and is now a museum. See also 96-07-08-alb11-301.

    Date: 10/3/1934

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 204

    Caption: "Subtreasury, Wall Street, New York. Washingion [sic] Statue Marking the Spot Where Washington took his Oath of Office, April 30, 1789, Aug. 6, 1934." The original building on this site, constructed in 1700, served as New York's City Hall, then as the Capitol for the newly-created United States under the Constitution of 1789, and was the site of George Washington's inauguration as the first U.S. President. The original building was demolished in 1812, but a new building, designed to house the U.S. Custom House for the Port of New York, was opened in 1842. It is this building that is seen in the photograph. The new building subsequently housed one of six U.S. sub-treasuries between 1862 and 1920. A statue of George Washington (John Quincy Adams Ward, sculptor) was erected in front of the building in 1882, to commemorate the approximate site of Washington's inauguration.

    Date: 8/6/1934