Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 4511 to 4520 of 5051

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 089

    Caption: "Sutters [sic] Fort - Sacramento," c. 1920, shows a gun tower at Sutter's Fort, and a gate bracketed by two cannons. John Sutter established the fort in 1839, calling it New Helvetia. After the discovery of gold at one of Sutter's mills (at Coloma, on the American River), almost all of the fort's inhabitants left for the gold fields in the foothills. The fort deteriorated until being restored from 1891-1893. The Native Sons of the Golden West were influential in the restoration. The fort is now the site of a State Historic Park. See also 96-07-08-alb05-117 and 118.

    Date: 1920

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 145

    Caption: "Fort Marion, St. Augustine, Florida. July 10, 1934." Walkway atop what appears to be the ramparts of the Castillo de San Marcos (Castle of Saint Mark). The core structures of this coastal defense fort were completed by Spanish forces in 1695. Numerous additions, renovations, and repairs have occurred since that time. When Spain ceded Florida to the U.S. in 1821, the Castillo was designated a U.S. Army base and renamed Fort Marion, in honor of Frances Marion (also known as the Swamp Fox, Marion was an American Revolutionary War hero known for his guerilla war tactics). The fort was deactivated in 1933, and turned over to the National Park Service.

    Date: 7/10/1934

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1443a

    O.K.

    Date: 1886

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1601

    Kentucky Belle

    Date: 1888

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0566

    The Improved Nash and Cutts' Grain Cleaner

    Date: 1880

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0730

    Green Mountain

    Date: 1881

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0519

    [T in inverted triangles]

    Date: 1879

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0246

    Mansfield's Celebrated Aromatic Whiskey Bitters

    Date: 1873

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1350

    La Flor Del Globo

    Date: 1885

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0527

    Old W, Eclipse, Bourbon Crown, Dixon Crown, Kentucky O.K., Gem of Kentucky

    Date: 1879