Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 5221 to 5230 of 5921

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0709

    Sigari Toscani Lucca

    Date: 1881

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1531

    Belle of Sonoma

    Date: 1887

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2646

    Alhambra Natural Mineral Water

    Date: 1895

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0835

    Palace Shoe Store

    Date: 1882

  • Taft vs Washington Trial Exhibits, part 1

    This item has no description.

    Date: 1913

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2476

    Obdontunder

    Date: 1894

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 295

    Caption: "Church Butte [sic], near Green River, Wyoming. Oct. 2, 1934." The Church Buttes in Wyoming consist of sandstone eroded by wind and weather into a butte approximately 1,000 feet in diameter and rising up to 100 feet above the surrounding valley floor. Located along the Overland Route used by emigrants to the West Coast, the formation gained additional notoriety for being a camp site for Brigham Young and the first Mormon party to head west, as well as a relay site for the Pony Express.

    Date: 10/2/1934

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 026

    Caption: "Machine Shop -- Fort Winfield Scott," c. 1913. Low brick building with tile roof, with William McCarthy (far left) and two unidentified men standing in front. Fort Winfield Scott, formerly Fort Point, was part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott. This only lasted four years, however, for in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott.

    Date: 1913

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0242

    Dr. Textum's Balm of Life

    Date: 1873

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 117

    Caption: "Sutter [sic] Fort. Sacramento.," c. 1920. A gun tower at Sutter's Fort, and a gate bracketed by two cannons. John Sutter established the fort in 1839, calling it New Helvetia. After the discovery of gold at one of Sutter's mills (at Coloma, on the American River), almost all of the fort's inhabitants left for the gold fields in the foothills. The fort deteriorated until being restored from 1891-1893. The fort is now the site of a State Historic Park. See also 96-07-08-alb05-118.

    Date: 1920