Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 5827
- Spanish 62
- ENGLISH 2
- English 1
- census_013 1
- contra_costa_schedule_1_volume_1 1
- Type
- Image 3871
- Still Image 1544
- Text 447
- Text 22
- Textual 2
- Image of the California Census from the records of the office of the California Secretary of State 1
Search Results 5421 to 5430 of 5968
-
Caption: "A Typical Italian Refugee Camp," c. 1906. Makeshift hut with four unidentified men standing in doorway. After the earthquake and fire that destroyed much of San Francisco in April 1906, hundreds of thousands of people were left homeless. Many of these people established temporary refugee camps, using debris from the destruction to cobble together shelters.
Date: 1906
-
Caption: "Dwellings on Malecon Boulevard -- Havana. July 4, 1934." The Malecón is a broad esplanade and seawall that extends approximately five miles from Old Havana to the mouth of Havana's harbor. Construction began on the Malecón in 1901, and continued until the early 1950s. This photograph shows several buildings along the Malecón.
Date: 7/4/1934
-
Caption: "St. James Cathedral - Montreal," c. 1925. The St. James Cathedral in Montreal was consecrated in 1894. At that time, it was the largest church in Quebec. Pope Pious XII rededicated the church in 1955 to Mary, Queen of the World. See also 96-07-08-alb04-092.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Old Mission, San Diego." William McCarthy standing next to the dilapidated church building of Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá (Mission San Diego). The first mission established in the U.S., Mission San Diego was founded by Father Junipero Serra in 1769.
Date: 1905
-
Caption: "Niagara Falls," c. 1925. View of the three waterfalls that make up the iconic Niagara Falls straddling the border between Ontario, Canada, and the State of New York. From left to right, the falls are called American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls (the smallest of the three), and Horseshoe Falls.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Pleasant Beach, Wash.," c. 1908-1912. View from across a bay in Puget Sound, looking toward the Pleasant Beach Hotel. Built before the turn of the twentieth century, this resort hotel featured forty rooms, a bowling alley, billiards room, swimming pool, and a pavilion. The resort came to be known as the "Coney Island" of Puget Sound.
Date: 1908
-
Caption: "Washington Street, Portland, Oregon," c. 1905. A street scene with electric car, several storefronts, and pedestrians milling about.
Date: 1905
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Sayent or Zaygente or Zayanta boundaries. Volume 1, page 194.
Date: 1833