Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 5471 to 5480 of 5968

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0355

    "IXL"

    Date: 1876

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0259

    Pacific Glove Works

    Date: 1873

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1010

    Evolution

    Date: 1883

  • Punta del Monte or Rincon de la Punta del Monte Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Punta del Monte or Rincon de la Punta del Monte boundaries. Volume 1, page 406.

    Date: 1826

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 202

    *Caption: "Stanford Chapel," c. 1920. Façade of Stanford Memorial Chapel, designed by Charles A. Coolidge and dedicated in 1903. The church was commissioned by Jane Stanford as a memorial to her husband and the University's founder, Leland Stanford. See also 96-07-08-alb04-215.

    Date: 1920

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 073

    Caption: "Suwannee River -- Florida, June 23, 1934." William and Grace McCarthy posing beneath a sign reading "'Way Down Upon The Suwannee River', Stephen Foster," referring to the minstrel song written by Foster in 1851. The Suwannee River flows by in the background.

    Date: 6/23/1934

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 093

    Caption: "Oakland City Hall," Oakland, California, c. 1910. Completed in 1879, the building was Oakland's second city hall and served until it was demolished in 1914 to create City Hall Plaza in front of the new City Hall that had been completed that year.

    Date: 1910

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 018

    Caption: "Italian Refugee Hut S.F. -- 1906." Makeshift hut with four unidentified men standing in doorway. After the earthquake and fire that destroyed much of San Francisco in April 1906, hundreds of thousands of people were left homeless. Many of these people established temporary refugee camps, using debris from the destruction to cobble together shelters.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 067

    Caption: "Mechanics of Hendy Machine Works, 1894." The Joshua Hendy Machine Works operated in San Francisco until the facilities were destroyed by the 1906 earthquake. The company relocated to Sunnyvale, California, after the local government there enticed them with free land. William McCarthy can be seen standing (sixth from left) in the second from back row.

    Date: 1894

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 216

    Caption: "A Park Refugee Camp," c. 1906. After the earthquake and fire that destroyed much of San Francisco in April 1906, hundreds of thousands of people were left homeless. Many of these people established temporary refugee camps, using tents or debris from the destruction to cobble together shelters.

    Date: 1906