Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 5827
- Spanish 62
- ENGLISH 2
- English 1
- census_013 1
- contra_costa_schedule_1_volume_1 1
- Type
- Image 3871
- Still Image 1544
- Text 447
- Text 22
- Textual 2
- Image of the California Census from the records of the office of the California Secretary of State 1
Search Results 5511 to 5520 of 5968
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Paso de Bartolo, Viejo. Volume 1, page 132.
Date: 1833
-
Caption: "Saltair. Salt Lake." View of the first Saltair resort pavilion, constructed in 1893. Designed by Richard K.A. Kletting, the pavilion hovered above the Great Salt Lake on more than 2,000 posts and pilings. The resort was a popular spot for Mormon families, only fifteen miles from Salt Lake City and overseen by Church leaders. The Church sold the pavilion in 1906. It was later destroyed by fire in 1925.
Date: 1916
-
No Caption: Interior shot of the Sutro Baths, north of the Cliff House, c. 1910. Designed by Adolph Sutro in 1894, the bathhouses at one time covered three oceanfront acres just north of Ocean Beach and the Cliff House. Eventually, the Sutro Baths fell into disrepair and what was left of them burned down in 1966. Since 1973, the concrete ruins have been part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
Date: 1910
-
No Caption. A view of the Benicia Arsenal, with the store house in the distance. William McCarthy began his career as an inspector of armaments for the U.S. War Department at the Benicia Arsenal in 1903. The arsenal was established in 1851 as the first Ordnance Supply Depot in the West, from which it supplied and supported U.S. troops, from the Civil War through WWII and the Korean War. It was deactivated in 1963. Benicia Arsenal store house in the distance, c. 1905.
Date: 1905