Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 5571 to 5580 of 5921

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0254

    Trade Dollar

    Date: 1873

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1795

    Earl Fruit Company of California

    Date: 1890

  • Original Bill File, Senate Joint Resolution 3

    This item has no description.

    Date: 1919

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 102

    Caption: "Coast Defense: 14 Inch Disappearing Gun." Another copy of a C.D. Heath photograph, this image shows a heavy artillery gun, with two unidentified men standing next to it, at the Sandy Hook Proving Ground. Located at Sandy Hook, New Jersey, the Sandy Hook Proving Ground was used by the U.S. Army to test ordinance and materiel from 1874-1919. See also 96-07-08-alb05-101.

    Date: 1910

  • "Officials Study Cancellation of Japanese Rights"

    Report on potential suspension of rights of Japanese-Americans during the war

    Date: May 23, 1942

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 185

    Caption: "The Beautiful C.P.R.R. Banff Springs Hotel, Banff, CA.," c. 1935. Built by the Canadian Pacific Railway at the instigation of its president, William Cornelius Van Horne, the luxury Banff Springs Hotel originally opened in 1888 to welcome visitors travelling on the railway. The hotel was renovated and expanded through the years and today is a National Historic Site of Canada, located in Banff National Park, Canada's first National Park.

    Date: 1935

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 206

    Caption: "Call Building," c. 1906. The remains of the Call building after the 1906 earthquake and fire. Completed in 1898 and designed by civic leader Claus Spreckels, the Call building on the corner of 3rd and Market streets was one of the first skyscrapers in San Francisco, built to house the San Francisco Call newspaper offices. While the structure withstood the 1906 earthquake, the interior caught fire and sustained considerable damage. After major renovations, the building is today known as The Central Tower.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 260

    Caption: "Fairmount [sic] Hotel - S.F.," C. 1906. View of the Fairmont Hotel, a luxury hotel in San Francisco. Although construction was mostly finished in 1906, the advent of the San Francisco earthquake and fire of that year damaged the hotel's interior and delayed opening until 1907. It was the first hotel in what is now the Fairmont Hotels and Resorts chain. In 1945, the San Francisco hotel was host to an international conference that culminated in the formation of the United Nations.

    Date: 1910

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 082

    Caption: "The Olympic Snow-capped Mountains.," c. 1908-1912. Vista of the Olympic Mountains in the distance. In the middle distance to the right can be seen the Eisenbeis Castle (now known as the Manresa Castle Restaurant and Lounge), built in 1892 by Charles Eisenbeis, a businessman and Port Townsend's first mayor. The photograph is centered around what appears to be a resort hotel situated a short distance from the Eisenbeis Castle. See also 96-07-08-alb02-058.

    Date: 1908

  • San Pedro Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of San Pedro boundaries. Volume 1, page 82.

    Date: 1835