Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 4971
- Spanish 26
- ENGLISH 2
- English 1
- census_013 1
- contra_costa_schedule_1_volume_1 1
- Type
- Image 3611
- Still Image 945
- Text 415
- Text 22
- Textual 2
- Image of the California Census from the records of the office of the California Secretary of State 1
Search Results 951 to 960 of 5054
-
Caption: "Life At Camp Curry," c. 1917. Two unidentified people pose in front of their tent at Camp Curry. An arrow points to an enameled pail just inside the tent, labeled "For Use in Case of Fire." Yosemite's Half Dome Village, established by David and Jennie Curry in 1899, was originally called Camp Curry, and then later Curry Village. It was designed to provide cheaper accommodations for Yosemite tourists than the resort hotels. The couple set up furnished tents and provided amenities such as a dining tent. As attendance at the park increased, the couple constructed more facilities with more modern amenities. In 2016, as a result of a legal dispute over trademarked names in the park, Curry Village changed its name to Half Dome Village.
Date: 1917
-
Office Memorandum from Bertha S. Underhill to Genevieve Jefferson regarding payment for repairs to home
Date: February 27, 1946
-
Office Memorandum from G. C. Johns (by K. M. Larmore) to Margaret S. Watkins regarding denial of public assistance
Date: April 16, 1942
-
Caption: "Venice," c. 1915, shows the site of Villa City Boating, where visitors to the resort seaside village of Venice could purchase gondola rides on the canals to visit the town. The seaside resort was founded by tobacco millionaire, Abbot Kinney in 1905, and designed to be like the namesake Italian city.
Date: 1915