Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 8 of 8

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 050

    Caption: "Tioga Road Scenes on the Sierra Summit." Two mountain peaks as seen from the Tioga Road.

    Date: 1927

  • eichler_f3274_254

    Plan by Alfred Eichler for second floor of proposed Governor's Mansion. Not built. Project for Office of the Governor.

    Date: 1931

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 114

    Caption: "The Chutes," c, 1907, were an attraction at an amusement park located on 10th and Fulton Streets in San Francisco from 1902 - 1907.

    Date: 1907

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 147

    Caption: "Benicia Arsenal Gardener," c.1905, shows the gardner of the Benicia Arsenal carrying two large watering cans near an unidentified structure.

    Date: 1905

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 038

    Caption: "San Jacinto Battle Ground -- Tex, June 11 34." View of the gated entry to the San Jacinto Battleground. The site was the location of the Battle of San Jacinto, in which the Texan Army (led by Sam Houston) defeated the Mexican army (led by General Antonio López de Santa Anna), paving the way for the formation of the Republic of Texas. A Texas Historic Site, the battleground was also declared a National Historic Landmark in 1960.

    Date: 6/11/1934

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 135

    Caption: "Adams Springs.," c. 1920. Buildings in Adams Springs, likely part of the resort that operated there in the first half of the twentieth century.

    Date: 1920

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 147

    No caption, c. 1906. View of the McCarthy residence in Watsonville.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 229

    Caption: "Desdamona [sic] Lighthouse.," c. 1905-1909. View of the Desdemona Lighthouse, constructed in 1901 or 1902 on wood pilings over a group of shoals at the mouth of the Columbia River. The shoals carry the same name as the lighthouse, both of which are named for the boat Desdemona which ran aground and was destroyed by the shoals in 1857. The lighthouse was automated in 1934, and its light eventually removed in 1965.

    Date: 1905