Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 2 of 2
-
Caption: "Sisters Hospital -- Walla Walla.," ca. 1920. Five-story brick and stone building. This building is the second hospital built on the site. The first, built in the 1880s by the Sisters of Providence, burned in a 1915 fire. This second building (seen here), constructed in 1916, served as the main hospital building until a new facility was constructed in 1976. The resulting new complex of buildings is now called the Providence St. Mary Medical Center.
Date: 1920
-
No Caption: See also 96-07-08-alb08-082 with caption: "The Olympic Snow-capped Mountains," Washington, c. 1908. Vista of the Olympic Mountains in the distance. In the middle distance to the right can be seen the Eisenbeis Castle (now known as the Manresa Castle Restaurant and Lounge), built in 1892 by Charles Eisenbeis, a businessman and Port Townsend's first mayor. The photograph is centered around what appears to be a resort hotel situated a short distance from the Eisenbeis Castle.
Date: 1908