Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 2 of 2
-
Caption: "Festival Hall Night Scene," at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. See also 96-07-08-alb01-115, with caption: "Festival Hall - Night Reflections."
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Museum -- Golden Gate Park," c. 1922. The Memorial Museum in Golden Gate Park, designed by Louis Christian Mulgardt in the Spanish-Plateresque style, was built in 1919. Michael H. de Young, co-founder of the San Francisco Chronicle, added the central tower in 1921. The museum's name was later changed to honor de Young, becoming the M. H. de Young Memorial Museum (now commonly known as the de Young Museum). This building has since been replaced with a more modern facility.
Date: 1922