Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 10 of 10
-
Drawing of Music Patio, Mesa Campus, Santa Barbara State College. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler. Not built. Project for Department of Education.
Date: 1935
-
Caption: "Indian Museum at Sutter's Fort - Sacramento." Design by R. D. Murray. Pencil drawing by Alfred Eichler. Built. Per Eichler, "This is one of the best drawings showing what a proposed building will look like." Project for Department of Natural Resources - Beaches and Parks.
Date: 1940
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Cajon de Santa Ana. Volume 1, page 138.
Date: 1835
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of San Miguelito boundaries. Volume 1, page 654.
Date: 1841
-
No Caption: Commemorative U.S. two-cent postage stamp issued for the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition. The stamp features a portrait of William H. Seward, U.S. Secretary of State (1861-1869), U.S. Senator (1849-1861), and twelfth governor of New York (1839-1842). Seward negotiated the purchase of the Alaskan territory from Russia in 1867.
Date: 1909
-
Caption: "Fallen Leaf Lake." Grace and William McCarthy standing on wood plank dock, with lake and mountains in background.
Date: 1927
-
Caption: "Fremont St. Los [sic] Vegas, Nevada," c. 1935, shows the Las Vegas, Nevada thoroughfare.
Date: 1935
-
No caption, c. 1890. Photograph portrait of unidentified man.
Date: 1890
-
Caption: "Trestle in Oregon, Taken from Observation Car Platform," c. 1910. View of a train crossing a trestle in the Siskiyou Mountains of southern Oregon.
Date: 1910
-
Caption: "Fort Point -- Interior," c. 1910. Postcard showing a view of an interior hall or walkway featuring several arches at Fort Point. The facilities at Fort Point were part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott, but in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott.
Date: 1910