Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 7 of 7
-
Caption: "Main Entrance Cottage No. 12 Stockton Farm." Stockton State Hospital. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler. Built. Project for Department of Mental Hygiene - Hospitals.
Date: 1936
-
Caption: "Armory - California National Guard - San Jose." Perspective drawing by Alfred Eichler. Design by W. E. Manhart, 1933. Built. Project for California Military Department.
Date: 1941
-
Caption: "East Elevation, revised." Design and drawing of Art Building, State Fair, Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, by Alfred Eichler. Not built. From packet containing sketch plans, elevations, section and perspective. Project for Department of Finance - Fairs and Expositions.
Date: 1937
-
Caption: "Sutter [sic] Fort. Sacramento.," c. 1920. A gun tower at Sutter's Fort, and a gate bracketed by two cannons. John Sutter established the fort in 1839, calling it New Helvetia. After the discovery of gold at one of Sutter's mills (at Coloma, on the American River), almost all of the fort's inhabitants left for the gold fields in the foothills. The fort deteriorated until being restored from 1891-1893. The fort is now the site of a State Historic Park. See also 96-07-08-alb05-118.
Date: 1920
-
Caption: "Bird's Eye View. Camp Lewis, Wash.," c. 1918. This postcard shows a bird's eye view of buildings at Camp Lewis. The Camp was established by the U.S. Army in 1917, as part of the U.S.'s preparations for eventual entry into World War I. Rapid construction had the camp ready to house 60,000 men within a few months. The site is still in use as a military facility, under the name Fort Lewis.
Date: 1918
-
Caption: "Art Museum - Los Angeles," c. 1915. Located in Exposition Park, the Beaux Arts building, opened in 1913, was originally known as the Los Angeles Museum of History, Science, and Art. In 1963, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art moved to its current location on Wilshire Blvd. The Exposition Park facility became the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. After two years of renovation and restoration, it was reopened in 2009.
Date: 1915
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Pontrero Vieja or Rinon de las Salinas y Potrero Vieja boundaries. Volume 1, page 472.
Date: 1839