Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 13 of 13

  • Lot- Mission- San Luis Obispo Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Lot- Mission- San Luis Obispo boundaries. Volume 2, page 88.

    Date: 1843

  • eichler_f3274_440_3

    Negative of pencil drawing of Veterans Home, Yountville, by Alfred Eichler, c. 1946. Project for Department of Veterans Affairs.

    Date: 1946

  • Guilicos Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Guilicos boundaries. Volume 1, page 234.

    Date: 1837

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 171

    No caption: William (second from right) and Grace (far left) McCarthy pose with two unidentified people in front of the John Shields house in the Daybreak Estate area of Long Island.

    Date: 1934

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 285

    No caption, c. 1920. Unidentified man with several large caliber long guns ready for transport.

    Date: 1920

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 018

    Caption: "U. S. and Mexico Border Monument. May 20, 1934." William and Grace McCarthy standing in front of the monument placed at the U.S.-Mexico border in Tijuana, Mexico.

    Date: 5/20/1934

  • Chichiguas, or San Justo el Viejo and San Bernarbe Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Chichiguas, or San Justo el Viejo and San Bernarbe boundaries. Volume 1, page 306.

    Date: 1836

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 102

    Caption: "San Jose Court House," San Jose, c. 1905. The Old Courthouse was completed in 1868, the Hall of Records next door was built in 1893.

    Date: 1905

  • Quien Sabe, or Santa Ana y Quien Sabe Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Quien Sabe boundaries. Volume 1, page 288.

    Date: 1839

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 254

    Caption: "Camp Curry- Yosemite," c. 1917. Yosemite's Half Dome Village, established by David and Jennie Curry in 1899, was originally called Camp Curry, and later Curry Village. It was designed to provide cheaper accommodations for Yosemite tourists than the resort hotels. The couple rented out furnished tents and provided amenities such as a dining tent. As time progressed, the amenities increased, and some hard-sided cabins created. This photograph shows a bustling scene around a large wood cabin with a wide covered porch. As a result of a legal dispute over trademarked names in the park, Curry Village changed its name to Half Dome Village in 2016.

    Date: 1917

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 028

    No Caption: Avenue of Palms at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, 1915.

    Date: 1915

  • eichler_f3274_280

    Drawing of Ward 7, Mendocino State Hospital. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler. Built. Project for Department of Mental Hygiene - Hospitals.

    Date: 1933

  • eichler_f3274_196_011

    Caption: "Industrial Education Building, Santa Barbara State College." Drawing by Alfred Eichler. Project for Department of Education.

    Date: 1929