Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 6 of 6

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 334e

    Image withheld due to copyright considerations. For more information, please contact the California State Archives Reference Desk at ArchivesWeb@sos.ca.gov or (916) 653-2246. Image is a map of the United States showing "Our 1934 United States Automobile Tour. Traveled 10,000 miles -- May 14 to Oct 9.th. Note the Blue Line for Route of Travel." The blue line stretches from San Francisco to Los Angeles, then along the southern portion of the U.S. into Florida, south to Havana, and then north along the East Coast until heading east from Boston. The route skirted the Great Lakes then struck out across the Great Plains, Colorado, and Nevada, before ending in San Francisco to complete the loop.

    Date: 1934

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 018

    Caption: "Castle Geyser - Yellowstone," c. 1923. Castle Geyser erupting in Yellowstone National Park. The geyser's name refers to the shape of the cone around the vent.

    Date: 1923

  • eichler_f3274_123_019

    Caption: "Entrance to Social Hall, Students Union, Fresno." Drawing of Student Activities Building, Fresno State College. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler. Project for Department of Education.

    Date: 1940

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 182

    Caption: "San Francisco April 17, 1906. Center of Town." Bird's eye view of the center of San Francisco before the 1906 earthquake and fire. The Call Building (built in the 1890s to house the San Francisco Call newspaper) is the tallest building in the photograph, just to the right of center. See also 96-07-08-alb02-026.

    Date: 4/17/1906

  • eichler_f3274_088_003

    Caption: "North Elevation." Color drawing of postwar building, California School for the Deaf at Berkeley. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler, 1944; built in 1946. Project for Department of Education.

    Date: 1944

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 172

    Caption: "Daybreak Beach." Beach scene in the Daybreak Estate area of Long Island. A gazebo stands at the edge of the cliff leading down to the beach.

    Date: 1934