Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 5 of 5
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Quien Sabe boundaries. Volume 1, page 288.
Date: 1839
-
Caption: "Camp Curry- Yosemite," c. 1917. Yosemite's Half Dome Village, established by David and Jennie Curry in 1899, was originally called Camp Curry, and later Curry Village. It was designed to provide cheaper accommodations for Yosemite tourists than the resort hotels. The couple rented out furnished tents and provided amenities such as a dining tent. As time progressed, the amenities increased, and some hard-sided cabins created. This photograph shows a bustling scene around a large wood cabin with a wide covered porch. As a result of a legal dispute over trademarked names in the park, Curry Village changed its name to Half Dome Village in 2016.
Date: 1917
-
No Caption: Avenue of Palms at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, 1915.
Date: 1915
-
Drawing of Ward 7, Mendocino State Hospital. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler. Built. Project for Department of Mental Hygiene - Hospitals.
Date: 1933
-
Caption: "Industrial Education Building, Santa Barbara State College." Drawing by Alfred Eichler. Project for Department of Education.
Date: 1929