Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 4 of 4

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 228

    No caption, c. 1920. Unidentified man and woman embracing on bench near the Russian River. See also 96-07-08-alb04-227.

    Date: 1920

  • McCarthy Album 07, Photograph 197

    Caption: "Casino Santa Cruz," c. 1910-1915, on the Santa Cruz boardwalk, opened in 1907, replacing the original 1904 casino that had burned down in 1906. See also 96-07-08-alb03-007.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 047

    Caption: "Fort Flagler before Barracks were Built.," c. 1899-1906. The coastal artillery fortification Fort Flagler was established in 1897 and activated in 1899. Most of the fort's buildings and batteries had been completed by 1907. Fort Flagler was part of the "triangle of fire," three coastal defense fortifications (Fort Casey, Fort Worden, and Fort Flagler) guarding the entrance to Puget Sound. Fort Flagler was decommissioned in 1953, and purchased by the State of Washington in 1955 for use as a state park.

    Date: 1899

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 243a

    No caption. Red pennant with white writing reading "Yosemite Celebration of July 4th 1917."

    Date: 1917