Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 6 of 6

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 276

    No caption, c. 1935. Child riding a donkey in campground at Yosemite National Park.

    Date: 1935

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 219

    Caption: "Saanich Inlet- View from Malahat Drive, near Victoria," c. 1935.

    Date: 1935

  • McCarthy Album 07, Photograph 122

    Caption: "The Four Seasons," shows the Fountain of Autumn (Furio Piccirilli, sculptor), in the Court of Four Seasons, at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. See also 96-07-08-alb01-100 and 96-07-08-alb03-025.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 070

    Caption: "Linnard Hotel Santa Barbara.," c. 1920. Grace McCarthy sitting in front of the Hotel Potter. Opened in 1903 by Milo M. Potter, the hotel sold in 1919 to the Santa Barbara Hotel Company, controlled by D.M. Linnard. The famous luxury resort burned down in 1921. See also 96-07-08-alb04-097.

    Date: 1920

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 114

    Caption: "Sleighing in Port Townsend," c. 1910. Grace McCarthy sitting in horse-drawn sleigh in front of a snow-covered residence in Port Townsend, Washington. See also 96-07-08-alb08-049.

    Date: 1910

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 253

    No caption c. 1917. Grace McCarthy and two unidentified people pose under a log sign reading "Camp Curry." Yosemite's Half Dome Village, established by David and Jennie Curry in 1899, was originally called Camp Curry, and later Curry Village. It was designed to provide cheaper accommodations for Yosemite tourists than the resort hotels. The couple set up furnished tents and provided amenities such as a dining tent. The entrance sign seen in this photograph was erected in 1914. As a result of a legal dispute over trademarked names in the park, Curry Village changed its name to Half Dome Village in 2016.

    Date: 1917