Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 9 of 9

  • McCarthy Album 01, Photograph 115

    Caption: "Festival Hall - Night Reflections," at the Panama- Pacific International Exposition.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 237

    Caption: "Nisqually Glacier, Mount Rainier - Note the ice on slope slowly breaking up," c, 1935.

    Date: 1935

  • McCarthy Album 07, Photograph 232

    Caption: "Coronado Hotel," c. 1915, shows the luxury seaside resort in San Diego County, founded by Elisha Babcock and H.L. Story, and built in 1888. The hotel was designated a California Historical Landmark in 1970, and a National Historic Landmark in 1977. See also 96-07-08-alb01-150.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 006

    Caption: "Conservatory Golden Gate Park," c. 1910. shows several people about, and a groundskeeper working with plantings, San Francisco, c. 1910.

    Date: 1910

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 057

    Caption: "Snow Scene -- Port Townsend.," c. 1908-1912. Group of unidentified men standing in two groups in the snow.

    Date: 1908

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 179

    Caption: "Potomac River, View from Mt. Vernon. July 22, 1934." Trees obscure much of the photograph, but the Potomac River can be glimpsed in the distance.

    Date: 7/22/1934

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 025

    Caption: "Emerald Bay -- Lake Tahoe." Features Fannette Island, a small island in the middle of Emerald Bay, on southwestern edge of Lake Tahoe.

    Date: 1927

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 153

    No caption, c. 1906. Unidentified girl sitting on rocking horse or hobby horse, in a park or garden.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 240

    Caption: "Fort Casey Lighthouse, Wash.," c. 1909. View of the lighthouse with fort buildings in the background. Located on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound, the Admiralty Head Lighthouse was built overlooking Admiralty Inlet in 1903. It replaced an earlier structure that had to be moved in 1890 to accommodate the construction of Fort Casey. The second lighthouse, shown here, was built with thick walls in order to withstand earthquakes and the concussion of guns at Fort Casey. Deactivated in 1922, the lighthouse has since been restored by Washington State Parks, and is part of the Fort Casey State Park.

    Date: 1909