Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 7 of 7
-
Caption: "Sutter [sic] Fort. Sacramento.," c. 1920. A gun tower at Sutter's Fort, and a gate bracketed by two cannons. John Sutter established the fort in 1839, calling it New Helvetia. After the discovery of gold at one of Sutter's mills (at Coloma, on the American River), almost all of the fort's inhabitants left for the gold fields in the foothills. The fort deteriorated until being restored from 1891-1893. The fort is now the site of a State Historic Park. See also 96-07-08-alb05-118.
Date: 1920
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Pontrero Vieja or Rinon de las Salinas y Potrero Vieja boundaries. Volume 1, page 472.
Date: 1839
-
Caption: "Art Museum - Los Angeles," c. 1915. Located in Exposition Park, the Beaux Arts building, opened in 1913, was originally known as the Los Angeles Museum of History, Science, and Art. In 1963, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art moved to its current location on Wilshire Blvd. The Exposition Park facility became the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. After two years of renovation and restoration, it was reopened in 2009.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Stanford Stadium," c. 1921. Birdseye view of the Stanford Stadium, which opened in 1921. This stadium has since been replaced by a more modern facility built in 2005-2006.
Date: 1921
-
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Blosa del Moro Caja boundaries. Volume 1, page 422.
Date: 1836
-
No caption, c. 1906. Small dog, possibly a Papillion or like breed, seated upright on its rear haunches on a stool.
Date: 1906