Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 13 of 13
-
Caption: "Camp Life -- Chino." Unidentified child and baby on bed under tree in garden or yard.
Date: 1915
-
No Caption: See also 96-07-08-alb03-097 with caption: "Wave on Bakers Beach Presidio," San Francisco, California, c. 1906.
Date: 1906
-
Caption: "Aeroplane -- Monte Rio,, Calif.," c. 1915. Biplane parked in a field, with an unidentified man on crutches nearby.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Bear Decending [sic] a Tree," c. 1923. The bear in 96-07-08-alb09-041 is seen beginning his descent from the tree in this photograph.
Date: 1923
-
Caption: "Old Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C. July 28, 1934." Taken from across a park, this photograph shows the Smithsonian complex rising above surrounding trees. Built in 1855, it houses the Smithsonian Institute's administrative offices and information center.
Date: 7/28/1934
-
Caption: "Tiajuana [sic] on a Winters Day," c. 1915-1916. Rainy street scene in Tijuana, showing Miguel Gonzalez Big Curio Store and Tijuana Bar and Casino.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Apple Show Watsonville.," c. 1910-1913. Display of apples at the Apple Show in Watsonville, held annually from 1910-1913. The four-day festival featured parades, displays, dances, shows, and, of course, apples. The 1910 show, for instance, featured over 2,530,000 apples.
Date: 1913
-
No Caption: Fountain of the Earth (Robert I. Aitken, sculptor), in the Court of Abundance, at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Court of Abundance," at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "U.S. Mint unhurt," c. 1906. Pictured is the U.S. Mint building in San Francisco, which opened in 1874, after the original 1854 building was outgrown, which had been established to serve the gold mines during the California Gold Rush. The building suffered little damage after the 1906 earthquake. The facility served as the San Francisco U.S. Mint until 1937, when workers moved to a larger and more modern building. In 1961, the old U.S. Mint, known as the "Granite Lady," was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Date: 1906
-
This warning sticker advertises "FIRE! Keep it away form our National Parks." The silhouette of a skeletal tree stretches bare branches toward the viewer.
Date: Undated
-
Caption: "St. Lawrence River Rapids," c. 1925. View of white caps on the Saint Lawrence River. This river is part of the international boundary between Ontario, Canada, and New York, U.S.A.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Old Sea Beach Hotel - Santa Cruz," c. 1910. The Sea Beach Hotel, located on Beach Hill in Santa Cruz, was built in the 1870s by S.A. Hall. Originally called the Ocean View House, it was sold in the 1880s. Its new owner dubbed the building the Sea Beach Hotel. The resort hotel operated until burning down in 1912, never to be reconstructed.
Date: 1910