Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 10 of 10
-
No Caption: Colonnades at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, 1915. The Panama Pacific International Exposition was held to celebrate the completion of the Panama Canal, as well as inventive technologies and new industries from around the world. It was also a chance for San Francisco to show the world how the great city had rebuilt and thrived after the devastation of the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Festival Hall - Night Reflections," at the Panama- Pacific International Exposition.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Nisqually Glacier, Mount Rainier - Note the ice on slope slowly breaking up," c, 1935.
Date: 1935
-
Caption: "Coronado Hotel," c. 1915, shows the luxury seaside resort in San Diego County, founded by Elisha Babcock and H.L. Story, and built in 1888. The hotel was designated a California Historical Landmark in 1970, and a National Historic Landmark in 1977. See also 96-07-08-alb01-150.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Conservatory Golden Gate Park," c. 1910. shows several people about, and a groundskeeper working with plantings, San Francisco, c. 1910.
Date: 1910
-
Caption: "Snow Scene -- Port Townsend.," c. 1908-1912. Group of unidentified men standing in two groups in the snow.
Date: 1908
-
Caption: "Potomac River, View from Mt. Vernon. July 22, 1934." Trees obscure much of the photograph, but the Potomac River can be glimpsed in the distance.
Date: 7/22/1934
-
Caption: "Emerald Bay -- Lake Tahoe." Features Fannette Island, a small island in the middle of Emerald Bay, on southwestern edge of Lake Tahoe.
Date: 1927
-
No caption, c. 1906. Unidentified girl sitting on rocking horse or hobby horse, in a park or garden.
Date: 1906
-
Caption: "Fort Casey Lighthouse, Wash.," c. 1909. View of the lighthouse with fort buildings in the background. Located on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound, the Admiralty Head Lighthouse was built overlooking Admiralty Inlet in 1903. It replaced an earlier structure that had to be moved in 1890 to accommodate the construction of Fort Casey. The second lighthouse, shown here, was built with thick walls in order to withstand earthquakes and the concussion of guns at Fort Casey. Deactivated in 1922, the lighthouse has since been restored by Washington State Parks, and is part of the Fort Casey State Park.
Date: 1909