Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 10 of 10
-
No Caption: Group photograph of twelve unidentified individuals, likely friends and family of the McCarthys, posing on the branches of a tree at an unidentified location, c. 1908.
Date: 1908
-
Caption: "Rangers Home - Mount Royal Park," c. 1930. The Smith House, seen in this photograph surrounded by trees and a beautifully manicured flower garden, is a residence in Montreal's Mount Royal Park. Built in 1858 and purchased by the city when the ground was bought for the park's creation, the Smith House has been used for a variety of functions. It currently houses an interpretive center for the park as well as operating as the headquarters for Les amis de la montagne (The Friends of the Mountain), a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving the environment of Mount Royal.
Date: 1930
-
Caption: "A Smiling Canadian Bobby. Niagara Falls -- Canada. Sept. 10, 1934." Grace McCarthy posing with a Canadian police officer in front of Niagara Falls.
Date: 9/10/1934
-
Caption: "Fresno Court House.," c. 1920. Shows the historic Fresno County Courthouse, built in 1875, as well as a small fountain. This courthouse was torn down in 1966 to make way for a more modern facility.
Date: 1920
-
Caption: "Central Park Scene N.Y.," c. 1925. New York City's Central Park, established in 1857, was designed by landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted and landscape designer and architect Calvert Vaux. This photograph shows one of the water features within the park, crossed by a pedestrian bridge.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Vernal Falls [sic]," c. 1917. Closeup view of Vernal Fall, a 317-foot waterfall on the Merced River, downstream of Nevada Fall.
Date: 1917
-
Caption: "Riverside Villa Aug 15, 1915," shows William (seated at center) and Grace McCarthy (standing eighth from right) with friends and family at the riverside Villa resort on the Russian River at Healdsburg.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Cliff House." c. 1906. A view of San Francisco's Cliff House from Sutro Heights Park. The Victorian structure shown here is the third building on the site, constructed in 1896. It was later destroyed by a fire, in 1907.
Date: 1906
-
Caption: "Obsidian Cliff - Mountain of Natural Glass - Yellowstone Park," c. 1935.
Date: 1935
-
No Caption: c. 1909. View of the strait known as Deception Pass, separating Whidbey Island from Fidalgo Island in Puget Sound. Deception Island can be seen in the center of the photograph in the distance. See also 96-07-08-alb08-094.
Date: 1909