Bookmarks
Showing Bookmarks 1 to 8 of 8
-
Caption: "Future Farmers & 4H Club Groups - State Agricultural Park Sacramento - State Department of Public Works - Division of Architecture - Sacramento." State Fair, Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento. Pencil drawing by Alfred Eichler. Design by W. K. Barteges, 1939 - Built. Project for Department of Finance - Fairs and Expositions.
Date: 1939
-
Drawing of Press-Radio Building, State Fair, Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, by Alfred Eichler. Built. Designer unidentified. Project for Department of Finance - Fairs and Expositions.
Date: 1941
-
Caption: "President Taft in Golden Gate Park." See also 96-07-08-alb01-004, with caption: "President Taft in the Park." October 14, 1911. President William Howard Taft in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park during the groundbreaking ceremony for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, which was slated to open January 1915.
Date: 1911
-
No Caption: Court of Abundance at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition.
Date: 1915
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Canadita or Laguna Seca boundaries. Volume 1, page 168.
Date: 1833
-
Caption: "City Hall, San Francisco.," c. 1925. View of the Beaux Arts-style building that replaced San Francisco's City Hall after the original building was destroyed in the 1906 earthquake and fire. Designed by architect Arthur Brown, Jr., the building occupies two full city blocks. See also 96-07-08-alb09-005, 96-07-08-alb10-001, and 96-07-08-alb11-001.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Fort Casey Light House [sic]," c. 1905. Located on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound, the Admiralty Head Lighthouse was built overlooking Admiralty Inlet in 1903. It replaced an earlier structure that had to be moved in 1890 to accommodate the construction of Fort Casey. The second lighthouse, shown here, was built with thick walls in order to withstand earthquakes and the concussion of guns at the fort. The man and woman shown in the photograph (standing with a dog) are likely Charles H. Davis and his second wife Delia (Overton) Davis. Charles Davis was appointed keeper of the lighthouse in 1900 and served until his death in 1914. The lighthouse, deactivated in 1922, has since been restored by Washington State Parks, and is part of the Fort Casey State Park. See also 96-07-08-alb02-057.
Date: 1905
-
No Caption: Court of Abundance, at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. See also 96-07-08-alb01-094.
Date: 1915