Bookmarks

Showing Bookmarks 1 to 6 of 6

  • Guilicos Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Guilicos boundaries. Volume 1, page 234.

    Date: 1837

  • Quien Sabe, or Santa Ana y Quien Sabe Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Quien Sabe boundaries. Volume 1, page 288.

    Date: 1839

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 254

    Caption: "Camp Curry- Yosemite," c. 1917. Yosemite's Half Dome Village, established by David and Jennie Curry in 1899, was originally called Camp Curry, and later Curry Village. It was designed to provide cheaper accommodations for Yosemite tourists than the resort hotels. The couple rented out furnished tents and provided amenities such as a dining tent. As time progressed, the amenities increased, and some hard-sided cabins created. This photograph shows a bustling scene around a large wood cabin with a wide covered porch. As a result of a legal dispute over trademarked names in the park, Curry Village changed its name to Half Dome Village in 2016.

    Date: 1917

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 028

    No Caption: Avenue of Palms at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, 1915.

    Date: 1915

  • eichler_f3274_320_15

    Caption: "Main Stair Window. Acute Dist. Stockton." Design and drawing of Acute Disturbed Ward, Stockton State Hospital, by Alfred Eichler. Built. Project for Department of Mental Hygiene - Hospitals.

    Date: 1937

  • McCarthy Album 02, Photograph 021

    No Caption: The entrance to the Presidio Main Post, with cannon balls lining the drive, in San Francisco, c. 1910.

    Date: 1910