Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 7957
- Spanish 494
- ENGLISH 4
- English 2
- census_013 1
- contra_costa_schedule_1_volume_1 1
- Type
- Still Image 4044
- Image 3895
- Text 436
- Text 54
- Textual 13
- Artifact/Ephemera 3
- Photographic--Print 2
- Image of the California Census from the records of the office of the California Secretary of State 1
Search Results 7111 to 7120 of 8626
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Ojo de Caballo, or Posolmi Rancho and Posita de las Animas boundaries. Volume 2, page 108.
Date: 1843
-
Caption: "A Native of Yellowstone Park," c. 1923. A bear climbing a tree in Yellowstone National Park.
Date: 1923
-
Caption: "In The Asti Vineyards - In Days Gone By," c. 1915, shows William and Grace McCarthy posing in front of a giant sculpture of a wine bottle at the Italian Swiss Colony winery, Asti Vineyards, in the Alexander Valley in Sonoma County.
Date: 1915
-
Caption: "Benicia Arsenal Entrance," c. 1905, Benicia, California. William McCarthy began his career as an inspector of armaments for the U.S. War Department at the Benicia Arsenal in 1903. The arsenal was established in 1851 as the first Ordnance Supply Depot in the West, from which it supplied and supported U.S. troops, from the Civil War through WWII and the Korean War. It was deactivated in 1963.
Date: 1905
-
Correspondence from Bertha S. Underhill to Genevieve Jefferson regarding the Red Cross as a resource for resettlement aid
Date: February 26, 1945
-
Caption: "In Muir Woods.," c. 1906. Grace McCarthy (in hat with white feather) and an unidentified woman standing at a small platform along a railroad in Muir Woods, being passed by a train car. This was likely part of the Mount Tamalpais and Muir Woods Railway, established in 1896 as a scenic tourist railway between Mill Valley and the east peak of Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County. See also 96-07-08-alb05-017.
Date: 1906
-
Caption: "Palace Hotel Court," c. 1906. (Handwritten on photograph: "copyright 1906 by W._ Wod_n."). The Palace Hotel was originally built in 1875, rebuilt in 1909, and was one of the first premier luxury hotels in San Francisco.
Date: 1906
-
Caption: "State Armory -- Seattle.," c. 1910. View of castle-like armory building for the Washington National Guard, built in 1909 near Seattle's Pike Place Market. It was demolished in 1968.
Date: 1910
-
Review of War Services in Tulare County; Sections: Civilian War Assistance, Resettlement Assistance
Date: January 15, 1946
-
Caption: "Capitol Building of New York State, Albany, N.Y., Sept. 7, 1934." New York State's Capitol Building was constructed between 1867 and 1899. The initial architect, Thomas Fuller, designed the first floor in a Classical or Romanesque style. He was replaced by Leopold Eidlitz and Henry Hobson Richardson, who designed the next two floors in a Renaissance style. The final architect to preside over the project was Isaac G. Perry, who completed the building in a Victorian-Romanesque style. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1979.
Date: 9/7/1934