Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 7181 to 7190 of 8626

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 090

    Caption: "State St. - Chicago," c. 1923. A busy street scene with people, automobiles, and trollies.

    Date: 1923

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 368

    Caption: "Avenda [sic] Morelos, Monterey [sic], Mexico," shows a busy street scene on Avenida (Avenue) Morelos, Monterrey, Mexico.

    Date: 1938

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 182

    Caption: "Devil On Wheels," c. 1925. Unidentified person in a devil costume posing on a bicycle in front of the John Shields residence in the Daybreak Estate area of Long Island.

    Date: 1934

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 038

    Caption: "Union Pacific Bridge -- Portland, OR.," c. 1915. Built in 1912, this through-truss, double-decker vertical lift bridge crosses the Willamette River in Portland, Oregon. See also 96-07-08-alb05-182.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 03, Photograph 115

    Caption: "Presidio Nursery," shows gardens and "Presidio" spelled out in flowers, San Francisco, c. 1907.

    Date: 1907

  • McCarthy Album 01, Photograph 138

    Caption: "State of Washington" Pavilion at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 11, Photograph 088

    Caption: "Ringling Museum -- Sarasota -- Florida, June 28 1934." Entrance to the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Florida's state art museum established by John and Mable Ringling in 1927. John was a promoter and part-owner of the famous Ringling Brothers Circus, along with four of his brothers. When John and Mable built a winter home in Sarasota in 1926, they also explored the possibility of establishing an art gallery on the same property. Architect John H. Phillips designed the building, which opened to the public in 1931. John Ringling willed the facility and the art collection to the state of Florida upon his death in 1936. The museum, now known simply as "The Ringling," is under the jurisdiction of the University of Florida.

    Date: 6/28/1934

  • McCarthy Album 04, Photograph 252

    Caption: "The Mother Tree, Big Basin," c. 1935. William and Grace McCarthy posing with the Mother of the Forest, the tallest redwood tree in Big Basin Redwoods State Park at 329 feet high and 70 feet in circumference near the ground.

    Date: 1935

  • Lomo del Espiritu Santo Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Lomo del Espiritu Santo boundaries. Volume 1, page 310.

    Date: 1839

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 141

    Caption: "Hudson River," c. 1925. A train crosses high above the Hudson River over the Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge. Buildings of the C.N. Arnold Co., a lumber company, sit on the bank of the river in the foreground. The Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge first began operation in 1889. The tracks were destroyed by a fire in 1974, but the bridge was subsequently rebuilt, opening as the Walkway Over the Hudson (a pedestrian bridge) in 2003.

    Date: 1925