Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 4911 to 4920 of 8628

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 158

    No caption, c. 1906. Unidentified woman in dark-colored dress with fur muff and stole, standing on grassy hill with ocean or lake in background.

    Date: 1906

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 156

    Caption: "Frances [sic] Tavern N.Y. Where Washington Took Leave Of Offices And Disbanded The Troops At Conclusion Of Revolutionery [sic] War." Built as a family home for Etienne "Stephen" DeLancey in 1719, this building was converted to use as a tavern in 1762. It served many important functions before, during, and after the Revolutionary War, but several fires in the nineteenth century erased the building's original appearance. The Sons of the Revolution purchased the property in 1904 and embarked upon extensive restoration plans in 1907, supervised by William Mersereau. The building is now used as a museum and art gallery. See also 96-07-08-alb11-203.

    Date: 8/5/1934

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 048

    Caption: "Cactus in Bloom Near Phoenix, Arizona," c. 1935, shows a large cactus in bloom and a bull resting nearby.

    Date: 1935

  • McCarthy Album 09, Photograph 206

    Caption: "Vanderbilt Hotel N.Y," c. 1925. Wealthy businessman Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, Sr. had the Vanderbilt Hotel constructed on the site of a former Vanderbilt residence in New York City, just six blocks from the new Grand Central Terminal. Designed by architects Warren & Wetmore, the hotel opened in 1912. The top two stories were constructed as a private residence for Vanderbilt's family. The hotel still stands today, although it has undergone some renovations.

    Date: 1925

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 273

    Caption: "U.S. 10-inch Gun Dismounted." A close-up view of a large gun that has been partially dismounted, at an unidentified coastal defense battery.

    Date: Undated

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 075

    Caption: "Sea Beach Hotel," c. 1910. The Sea Beach Hotel, located on Beach Hill in Santa Cruz, was built in the 1870s by S.A. Hall. Originally called the Ocean View House, it was sold in the 1880s. Its new owner dubbed the building the Sea Beach Hotel. The resort hotel operated until burning down in 1912, never to be reconstructed.

    Date: 1910

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 038

    Caption: "Orange Grove - Foothill Blvd. San Bernardino, May 30, 1935." Shows an orange grove behind a row of stately palms on Foothill Blvd., also known as Route 66.

    Date: 1935

  • Cueras de Venado Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Cueras de Venado boundaries. Volume 1, page 24.

    Date: 1834

  • Huerta del Rey Rancho

    Hand-drawn sketch map of Huerta del Rey boundaries. Volume 2, page 17.

    Date: 1843

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2304

    Royal

    Date: 1893