Search All Items

Note: Check the about page for more information on the data sources used in this search

Search Results 7671 to 7680 of 8626

  • McCarthy Album 05, Photograph 092

    No caption, c. 1915. William and Grace McCarthy posing together in a garden. See also 96-07-08-alb04-250, and 96-07-08-alb05-090, 091, 096, and 097.

    Date: 1915

  • McCarthy Album 10, Photograph 370

    Caption: "The bull turns for another charge at the Matador. Bull fight at Monterey [sic], Mexico."

    Date: 1938

  • Old Series Trademark No. 1098

    Neurotine

    Date: 1884

  • Old Series Trademark No. 2727

    Ingleside

    Date: 1896

  • McCarthy Album 01, Photograph 054

    No Caption: Grace and William McCarthy standing near reflecting pool in front of the Palace of Horticulture at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition.

    Date: 1915

  • Old Series Trademark No. 0485

    New York Store

    Date: 1879

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 001a

    Caption: "Fotos in San Francisco and Neighboring County's [sic] By Wm. McCarthy." A handwritten label mounted on the first page of the photograph album.

    Date: Undated

  • McCarthy Album 06, Photograph 190

    Caption: "St. Dominic's Church," shows a view of the damage to the church after the 1906 earthquake.

    Date: 1906

  • eichler_f3274_136

    Caption: "State Teachers' College San Francisco." Drawing of Science Building, Downtown Campus, San Francisco State College. Design and drawing by Alfred Eichler. Built. Project for Department of Education.

    Date: 1925

  • McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 239

    Caption: "Fort Point," c. 1910. This postcard shows a view of Fort Point, at the entrance to San Francisco Bay. The facilities at Fort Point were part of an effort by the U.S. government to protect the Golden Gate, entrance to the San Francisco Bay. Built between 1853-1861, the fort included emplacements for 141 guns but never fired a weapon in defense of the Bay. Its name was officially changed in 1882 to Fort Winfield Scott, but in 1886 the fort was officially downgraded to a sub-post of the San Francisco Presidio and the name discontinued. It was resurrected in 1912, with the establishment of a coastal artillery fortification at the Presidio, called, once again, Fort Winfield Scott.

    Date: 1910