Search All Items
- Filters:
- Language
- English 7957
- Spanish 494
- ENGLISH 4
- English 2
- census_013 1
- contra_costa_schedule_1_volume_1 1
- Type
- Still Image 4044
- Image 3895
- Text 436
- Text 54
- Textual 13
- Artifact/Ephemera 3
- Photographic--Print 2
- Image of the California Census from the records of the office of the California Secretary of State 1
Search Results 7691 to 7700 of 8626
-
No caption. Two unidentified men pose sitting on a bench, c. 1925.
Date: 1925
-
Caption: "Main St. Medford, Oregon. Medford 11000 Population," c. 1935.
Date: 1935
-
Caption: "Dry Dock, Bremerton." Bremerton, Washington, c. 1908-1912. See also 96-07-08-alb08-085. View of a dry dock at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, Washington. Established in 1891 as a naval station, it became Naval Yard Puget Sound in 1901. During World War I the shipyard constructed hundreds of ships to support the war effort, while in World War II, the shipyard was dedicated primarily to repairing damaged ships. Today, it contains a portion of the U.S. Navy's mothball fleet (ships retired but retained in case of future need), as well as building, repairing, and maintaining sea-going vessels of all kinds.
Date: 1908
-
Caption: "Canyon and Trestle Mt Tamalpais RR.," c. 1907. Muir Woods Railway, established in 1896 as a scenic tourist railway between Mill Valley and the east peak of Mount Tamalpais in Marin County.
Date: 1907
-
Caption: "Donner Lake -- view from the highway at the summit." Mountain scene with Donner Lake in far distance.
Date: 1927
-
Hand-drawn sketch map of Potrero or San Jacinto Nuevo y Potrero or San Jacinto Sobrante boundaries. Volume 2, page 156.
Date: 1845
-
Caption: "San Diego Courthouse.," c. 1905. View of the second courthouse built by San Diego County, completed in 1889. Designed by architectural firm Cornstock & Trotsche of San Francisco, this elaborate building featured a bell and clock tower, statues of four presidents, and 42 stained-glass windows honoring each state in the Union at the time of installation. The tower was removed in 1939. Twenty years later, the entire building was demolished in favor of a newer facility.
Date: 1905